Can we just talk about how useful this is but also how happy that dog is to be teaching us something. Look at that tail wag. Thank you puppy.
How to make a glitter bomb/ Be a total asshole.
1) Cut strips of tissue paper approx 8 inches long and 3-4 inches wide.
2) Carefully glue down the side, leaving the top 1/4 glue free.
3) Fold the bottom up to form a pouch, leaving the top 1/4 to fold over later.
4) Put them on a wire rack to dry.
5) Get your glitter together. I used different kinds. Make sure to find some super fine extra sparkly shit so it gets everywhere and is a real pain in the ass to clean up.
6) Spoon a couple teaspoons into the little pouches of tissue. Resist the urge to add too much! It will just make it hard to close the card later.
7) Carefully put a little glue on the top edge and fold over the flap, making sure to seal it well.
8) Let dry for a bit. Trim excess if needed.
9) Brush on some glue to the inside of your card roughly the size of your bomb. Stick a bomb to it.
10) Put a little more glue on the top of the bomb and close the card so it is stuck together.
11) Mail to friends!
12) Wait for the curses and threats to arrive!
I usually just sprinkle it in the card.
This is Duolingo, a language-learning website/app that deserves some serious recognition. It offers over 10 languages for English speakers, as well as courses for non-English speakers around the world, and they’re in the process of adding more.
But wait, I don’t want to do any more schoolwork! Not to worry little one, Duolingo is actually more like a game. You can compete with friends, and earn “lingots” (which are basically Duolingo money) to buy power-ups, extra activities, and bonus skills - like Flirting.
I’m already taking a language, what do I need this for?
It’s not really a secret that most school language courses (in America, anyway) suck and only teach you to speak the language at about a third grader’s level. Which is why Duolingo is so freaking awesome.
Teachers can’t give every student individualized attention, but Duolingo can. If you’re not learning the way you want to or as much as you want to in the classroom, Duolingo is a really great resource. It’s easy, tailored to you, and really effective.
Duolingo tracks your progress and reminds you when you haven’t studied for a while or need a refresher on something. Already semi-fluent in a language? No problem, just take a shortcut to more advanced subjects or test out of the lesson.
The lessons start with the basics (he, she, hello, thank you, etc) and move up to harder stuff. Duolingo focuses on vocabulary first, so you can learn the language and then the grammar that goes with it - much simpler than the system most schools use. It also tracks the number of words you’ve learned and how well you know them.
And you don’t even have to write out the flashcards!
Duolingo is perfect for reviewing everything you forgot over the summer or giving you the extra help you need. And if you’re trying to learn a language on your own, it’s fantastic - you don’t have to create your own lessons. Whether you’re trying to learn your second, third, or fifth language, I seriously recommend Duolingo.
Okay, what else?
Duolingo also has discussion boards, where you can ask for help with a hard lesson, make new friends, watch for updates, and share your achievements.
Even better is the Immersion feature. It won’t send you to Spain or France, but it’s pretty awesome. Duolingo takes real articles from the internet, which users translate. You can translate articles from your native language into the language you’re learning or vice versa, which gives you more experience and makes the Internet more universal.
You can suggest new languages and track Duolingo’s progress in creating new courses. Bilinguals (older than 13) can help to create these courses. Duolingo has a long list of courses that can be contributed to, like Punjabi, Hebrew, and Vietnamese. Oh, and Dothraki, Klingon, Sindarin, and Esperanto.
And the best part? IT’S COMPLETELY FREE.
If you love languages or just want to pass French class this year, USE DUOLINGO. Download the app and practice a language while you wait for the bus instead of playing Angry Birds!
Coolest app I’ve ever downloaded.
YOU DONT UNDERSTAND HOW LONG IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS
Review: Portland Black Lipstick Company
Anyone who went through a babybat phase knows the horrors of costume makeup. Black lipstick in particular is something that’s easy to come by in the Halloween section of the local drugstore. You know the one. Cheap, greasy, lasts about five minutes before melting off your face? Yeah we’ve all been there. Let’s try not to think about it anymore. For a while now I’ve been on the hunt for a perfect grown up black lipstick. “Perfect” meaning it must meet the following requirements:
1. Affordable—there are some higher end black lipcolors out there that get great reviews, but frankly I can’t spend thirty bucks on a lipstick. I have bills to pay, and booze to buy.
2. Opaque—a lot of the cheaper stuff is very sheer. I wanted maximum coverage.
3. True black—not a dark purple or blue like cheaper lipsticks
4. Long lasting—something I can wear all day, every day without having to touch it up often.
After a bit of searching and reading other reviews online, I finally found my perfect match at Portland Black Lipstick Company, a small indie cosmetics company based in (duh) Portland, Oregon. The fact that their products are independently and ethically produced is a bonus on top of meeting all four of my criteria. I bought their Original Black Lipstick back in September, and it’s been my absolute favorite lip color ever since.
At nine dollars plus shipping, it’s way too affordable not to try. Because it’s so inexpensive I had some doubts about it’s quality, but I was pleasantly surprised. You get much more than you pay for here. The photos above were taken after one swipe, and you can see that the color and the coverage is excellent. It has exactly the sort of black leather look I wanted. And it really does last all day! I wear it to work almost every day now and other than touching up after eating, I hardly need to worry about it at all.
The only drawback I can find is that the lip balm style tube it comes in can make application a little messy, but if you’re careful (or use a lip brush) it’s no biggie. Only a small flaw in an otherwise excellent product.
I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a very affordable, high quality black lipstick. They have lots of other interesting colors that I see myself trying in the future. I’ll be sure to post more photos when I do.
I know the lady behind this one-woman business, and have talked a good bit with her about her work. She’s recreating Victorian cosmetics using original recipes, and considering all the petrochemical-based stuff available on the mainstream market, her creations are a nice alternative for those of us concerned with the environment and what we put on and in our own bodies.
this is fucked up. this fucked me up. the teachers fucked up by not showing us this fuck up. fuck.
i’m 28 and never knew this
I just redid this one
Pixels in description should be 20x20 unless you edit the code
enjoy and please tell me if anything is wrong ^-^/
I didn’t see any many galaxy/nebula brushes floating around, so I made my own! (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧ Hope someone find it helping ;v;
You have to add detail and effect by self, but it’s pretty easy!! Maybe I make tutorial on it later ;v;
I suggest detail and blend layers on luminosity or addition!! Use bright colours!
I suggest using a watercolour brush on following sets:
Min size: 60%
Keep opacity: yes
Smoothing Prs: 50%
Edge Hardness: 0
Min Density: 0
Max Dens Prs: 100%
Hard <-> Soft: 100
Dens: Yes Size: Yes Blend: Yes
I suggest using a brush on the following sets:
Min size: 3%
Keep opacity: no
Edge Hardness: 0
Min Density: 10
Max Dens Prs: 49%
Hard <-> Soft: 0
Dens: Yes Size: Yes Blend: No
okay so I’ve seen a lot of really cool things around the internet so I thought I’d compile a bunch of references and fun things into one easy post for y’all! this has been a real long time in the making but it’s finally finished uwu (◡‿◡✿)
- any links on this masterpost broken? use this!BEING AN ADULT
- 50 sci fi and fantasy works every socialist should read
- a simple unbiased political resource for young adults in the uk
- a whole bunch of cv/resume templates
- any lipstick colour you want for cheap
- college survival masterpost
- food for broke college kids
- how to answer common job interview questions
- how to become an adult
- how to look busy even when you’re not
- learn languages
- need to escape from a bad home situation?
- short introductions to politics and other grown up issues
- should i vote ukip?
- what are my transferable skills?
- what the fuck should i make for dinner?
- writing a cover letterCHEER UP
- 24/7 cute animal livestreams
- 7 cups of tea
- cute websites
- feeling ok?
- feeling stressed?
- for when u hav feelings
- for when ur sad my lil pumpkin
- happy things
- positivity tag
- trekkie care packageFILMS
- afi’s top 100
- all the disney and pixar u could want
- animated faves
- find a good movie to watch
- ghibli \ wes anderson \ sofia coppola
- good movies to watch whenever
- lgbtqia+ movies
- lovely big movie masterpost
- ooo scary movies
- studio ghibli subs n dubs
- totally 90’s
- what do you mean we’re not 10 any more?FOOD
- a whole bunch of delicious recipes
- breakfast on the go
- cheap and healthy snacks
- ever wanted to try lembas bread?
- lavender lemonade
- make your own vitamin water
- microwave mug snacks
- my food and recipe tag
- no more ramen
- quick and easy snacks
- quick and easy soups
- recipes from your favourite fandoms
- smoothie recipes for every occasion
- study snacks
- supercook ingredient match
- thinking about going vegan?FUN STUFF
- cute games
- if ur real bored
- coolio psychological games to make u think
- easy blanket nest
- more cutie games
- plants that help bees
- realistic drawings and animations of plants
- reject someone in elvish
- waste time!
- write a letter to a disney characterGENDER & SEXUALITY
- chest binder tutorial
- helpcorgi’s gender + sexuality masterpost
- if someone tries to tell you your sexuality isn’t natural
- lgbtqia+ movies
- movies about gay ladies
- music monday
- resources for cis allies
- roundup of the best ya novels w lgbtqia+ characters
- simple cami binderMENTAL ILLNESS
- 7 cups of tea
- anxiety masterpost
- bipolar disorder masterpost
- depression masterpost
- disorder specific coping strategies
- feeling isolated?
- help w mental illness
- if you’re not good at reading body language
- need help but low on cash?
- panic and anxiety info and resources
- read web text more easily
- recovering from emotional trauma
- recovery resourcesSCHOOL
- a fuckload of free books
- back to school masterpost
- can’t afford microsoft word?
- cool sciency things
- exam survival
- getting up in the morning
- gigantic study masterpost
- learn anything | also on youtube
- lots and lots of free books
- peer-reviewed alternative to wikipedia
- pull an all-nighter
- remember more of the things you study
- simple essay structure
- study skills
- useful websitesSELF CARE
- alleviate menstrual cramps
- boost your confidence
- funny non gendered sex education
- love yourself!
- more sex ed
- on your period?
- self help after anxiety
- stop biting your nails
- stop procrastinating
- stop skipping breakfast
- super silky summer legs
- tumblr saviour for the rest of the webSOUNDS
- all the music posts you’ve reblogged
- calming noises
- daft punk
- get shit done mix
- music to write to
- my mixes on 8tracks
- star trek ambient sounds
- star trek ds9 infirmary background ambience
- when you can’t remember the name of a song
- which artist should i listen to next?THEMES
- brilliant theme makers and other useful things
- list of simple theme makers
- make your own theme from scratch
- the cutest themes on this websiteTV
- 90’s cartoons
- black comedy written by charlie brooker
- bob ross’ joy of painting
- cute urban fantasy miniseries w positive depiction of a disabled character
- danish political intrigue w subtitles
- every star trek episode ever
- gangsters in the ’20s - gr8 lady characters
- giles & sue
- how to watch classic who | now here’s the masterpost!
- jack davenport and idris elba fight vampires
- paul mcgann fan? you will be after this
- series about cool people starting a colony on another planet - if you enjoy babylon 5 and deep space nine you’ll love this
- the hour
- the x files
- twin peaksMISC